Thursday, October 8, 2009

The rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated

Got a call today from my friend Jacques wondering if I was okay. Sorry I haven't posted since the wreck. I am healed pretty well. Still fighting a bit of infection - let me tell you - the road is not a sanitary place....and just when you think you have scrubbed enough in the shower....scrub some more....infection is bad juju....

Long run tonight....two hours and 20 minutes after a full day of work is a tough run...then I come home and look at stinking little countdown widget and see 44 days and go OMG!!! I should go run some more. Follow the plan - follow the plan - follow the plan.

The time in Arizona is rapidly approaching and the plans are beginning to come together. All travel has been arranged for months. Last equipment purchases (including a new helmet after the crash) are being completed. Only a few weekends remain.

By the way, Giro has a crash replacement program....with a generous discount.

Also, I have to say WOW!!! to GARMIN...I crushed my 310XT - it was about the 5-7 time out for it and it was smashed. I will post a pic later. Well, get this, I emailed Garmin and they said something to the effect of, well, we are sorry but we can't warranty it but we have a $99 repair policy. So, into a box it went and about 7 business days later a box appeared...with a BRAND SPANKING NEW 310XT....GARMIN, I LOVE YOU!!! If you are going to buy a GPS enabled heart rate/power/timing training device, you should buy a GARMIN. These folks ROCK!!! (I was not compensated in any way for that endorsement).

Have a great training weekend and we will meet at the finish line.

No comments: