Sunday, June 8, 2008

Bike Fit


Went for a pro bike fit yesterday. Wow, what an experience. The fitter and I spent almost three hours working on set up. This angle, that angle, this length, that length, pedal this, pedal that, how does this feel, how does that feel....

It just went on and on but when the position was dialed in, the feeling was really amazing. He told me I would know when we found the right spot - no matter what the angles, measurements, computer, manual, etc. said and he was right. And THEN we did more tweaking to be sure. What an experience. My fit ended with a test ride. After all I had heard about fits, I don't think anyone talked about a test ride. He said it was part of the deal...all that work had to result in a better ride. So a short test was in order. Man, it felt different. Much more powerful and comfortable.

All I can say is if you haven't done this yet, you should. I rode this morning (really couldn't wait to get on the bike to see how it felt) and then bricked into a run. Not real long, a 30 minute ride and 40 minute run but I can say my legs have never felt better coming off the bike. I will be anxious on a longer brick how it feels. I look forward to the next ride.

No comments: